#10: My Favorite Hors de Oeuvres Recipe
Smokin’ Salmon: A Holiday Gift
2020 has been a long, challenging year for all of us. You have stayed the course, persevered against unfathomable obstacles. You have remained focused on developing and delivering the most creative virtual lessons for your students. I have nothing but the highest level of respect and admiration for all of you!
So, as we get ready to close the books to 2020 and plan for celebrating the start of 2021, I wanted to offer each of you a holiday gift: my all-time favorite “hors de oeuvres” recipe, Smoked Salmon Paté. It is the simplest, most perfect snack to serve for New Year’s Eve as you watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight. It can be the most decadent munchie you serve on New Year’s Day during the Bowl games. It even makes your tummy feel spectacular as you binge-watch your favorite movies or series on Netflix.
Try this recipe out. If you are a salmon lover, I know you will enjoy it.
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 large packages of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worchester sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chopped green onions
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 can of smoked salmon OR plain salmon*
- *If you use a can of plain salmon, add “Liquid Smoke” (to taste)
- Blend together with a hand mixer; place on a serving platter with assorted crackers
Wishing you and your families a healthy, safe and prosperous New Year.